Explore the world starting from you door, you will never know what beauty lies outside if you don’t appreciate little things around you. Inspired by Keri Smith’s “How To Be An Explorer of the World”, here’s a starter pack you need to know before hitting on your next travel destination:
- Always be LOOKING. (Notice the ground beneath your feet.)
- Consider EVERYTHING ALIVE and ANIMATE.
- EVERYTHING is INTERESTING. Look closer.
- Alter your COURSE often.
- OBSERVE for long durations (and short ones).
- NOTICE the stories going on around you.
- Notice PATTERNS, make CONNECTIONS.
- DOCUMENT your findings (field notes) in a variety of ways.
- INCORPORATE INDETERMANCY.
- OBSERVE movement.
- CREATE a personal DIALOGUE with your environment. Talk to it.
- TRACE things back to their origins.
- USE ALL OF THE SENSES in your investigations.
Welcome to my page, where wonders and wanders are shared! Here’s a welcome video from our quick semester break last sem. More travel posts to come! Watch out! ❤